Pancakes have been our household favorite since I was a child. I’m used to storing bought pancakes which have added ingredients.
Baking has been my first love and passion. To enhance my knowledge of baking and cooking. I attended baking workshops and watch videos on Youtube.
Having enough knowledge and know how on baking I was able to do my own recipes. I would like to share with you guys. One of these is my Homemade Pancakes.
3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 – 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup milk ( I use Evaporated milk)
2 eggs ( separate the yolks and egg whites)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 – 1 tsp. cream of tartar
Butter or oil for frying
1. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, crack an egg then in another bowl put the egg whites. Once done, set aside.
3. In a big bowl, put the egg yolks and sugar. Using a hand mixer or a whisk, cream the egg and sugar until light yellow in appearance. Add in milk then continue mixing until combined. Mixed in the dry ingredients until there are no strikes of flour onto the egg yolk mixture.
4. In a clean bowl, pour in eggwhites then whisk it until fluffy. Add in cream of tartar and then slowly add in the sugar until you reach soft peaks.
5. From the egg yolk mixture, carefully fold in the egg whites mixture by a portion. Once combined, set aside.
6. In an iron pan or nonstick pan, put a spread a bit of butter o oil on low heat. Get a spoonful or I use 1/4 cup of pancake mixture. When you bubble on top you flip it to the other side to cook evenly. Repeat this procedure until you finish the mixture.
7. Serve it while it’s hot. You top it with butter, margarine, sugar or maple syrup.
You can also check my Youtube channel: